What is Facebook Post ID?
Facebook Post ID is a numeric ID, which is used by Facebook to identify a particular piece of content such a Facebook post.
Since there are millions of posts shared on Facebook every day, it becomes imperative to have an ID for every post, to separate one post from another. To achieve this, for every content posted and shared on Facebook, a numeric ID is generated and assigned by Facebook, to that particular post.
As all Facebook posts have a unique numeric ID, Facebook Posts IDs are widely used by third-party plugins and apps, to pull Facebook data for their feeds.
What does a Facebook Post ID look like?
The Facebook Post ID is a numeric ID, consisting of random numbers. All Facebook Post IDs are positive integers and are unique to the Facebook Post they are assigned to.
How to find the Facebook Post ID?
Facebook Post ID can be easily found using Facebook Post ID tool;
- Open Facebook and sign into your Facebook account.
- Select Facebook post, whose ID you want to find.
- Once post is shortlisted, click on the time strap of the post, located on top-left corner of the post, below the username.
- In the following page, go to address bar and copy the URL of the post page.
- Submit the above URL in Facebook Post ID tool at fbnumericid.com
Your Facebook Post ID along with user ID will be displayed.
What is a Facebook Post URL like?
Following are the examples, of how a Facebook Post URL can look like;
How to find Facebook Post URL link when using mobile phone?
You can find Facebook Post URL, in the following ways;
Finding Facebook Post URL, when using your mobile phone's browser -
- Sign into your Facebook account and search for the Facebook Post, whose ID you want to find.
- When the Facebook Post is selected, tap on the time strap of the post, displayed on top of the post, below username.
- Facebook Post will open in new page. Copy the URL of this page from the address bar.
Your Facebook Post URL is now copied and available for use in Facebook Post ID tool.
Find Facebook Post URL, when using Facebook App -
- Open Facebook App and locate the post, whose ID you want to find. You should be sign into your Facebook account.
- When the Facebook Post is located, go to menu button represented by three dots, at the top-right corner of the post and tap, to open drop-down menu.
- In the menu options, scroll down to ‘Copy Link’ towards the bottom and tap.
Your Facebook Post URL link is now copied and available for further use.